The Automotive Technology program is conducted in modern, well-equipped classroom/laboratory and shop. Students practice with modern computer diagnostic tooling, high tech alignment and undercarriage service equipment, and 8 vehicle hoists. We provide A-Tech training simulators in the class/lab and shop vehicles. Students also service and repair customer owned vehicles.
The Putnam Automotive Technology program prepares students to service, diagnose, and repair modern automobiles.
Automotive classes combine operational theory with hands on lab activities for Engine Repair, Automatic/Manual Transmission and Drive Train Service, Suspension and Steering, Brakes, Electrical and Electronic Systems, Heating and Air Conditioning and Engine Performance. These classes prepare students to pass ASE certification tests and begin a career as an automotive service technician.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the Automotive Technology program will:
• Practice safety precautions, to protect yourself, vehicles and the environment.
• Communicate clearly, with team members and customers.
• Conduct yourself on the job with a high degree of professionalism.
• Use service literature and tools efficiently.
• Practice a systematic diagnostic and repair strategy to maintain modern automobiles and light trucks
Get in touch to learn more about Roger L. Putnam Vocational Technical Academy.